Columbia River Salmon Fishing is some of the best Salmon fishing in the world. We spend our time fishing from The Dalles to the mouth of the river in the Astoria/Ilwaco area. This 160+ mile stretch of river boasts Spring, Summer and Fall Salmon runs. Essentially, there are Salmon in this stretch of the Columbia River from March through October.
The year starts with the arrival of the Columbia River Spring Chinook Salmon in March. These fish are known as the best eaters of any Salmon in the world. I know this sounds a little like I’m rooting a little to much for the home team, but tests have shown that the fat content in Columbia River Spring Chinook Salmon is 7-10 times greater than that of other runs of Salmon. These fish regularly go for $25-$35 per pound in the Portland area. I can’t imagine what they would cost in Chicago. Check out the options below and let me know how I can help you set up your trip.
- Columbia River Spring Chinook March-April
- Columbia River Summer Chinook June-July
- Columbia River Fall Chinook…Buoy 10 August-September
- Columbia River Fall…Portland Area Upriver Brights September
- Columbia River Fall Chinook….Bonneville Dam September-October
- Columbia River Fall Chinook at the mouth of the Klickitat River September-October
For any questions you might have, or to simply book a trip, email me, or call (503) 680-6809.